Sunday, July 31, 2011

If You Ain't Thinkin', You Ain't Thankin'

Happy Sunday everyone. Long time no see. All is okay over here, still ready to go back to work (only 25 more days til the first day of school and 17 til the return of teachers). Went to chuch this morning and received the Good Word from yet again, Minister Reginald Sharpe.

This message was short and brief, but really touched me. He started by bringing up the book turned movie, The Help. Its about these two African American women who work as maids and housekeepers for wealthy white families. These women work together not only to get the job done, but also to keep the wealthy family together (click here for more info). He related the movie to 1 Samuel 7:12---

12 Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Mizpah and Shen. He named it Ebenezer,[a] saying, “Thus far the LORD has helped us.”

From this verse, he came up with the Topic, The Help. As anyone knows, when it comes to a problem that we has human beings can't solve, we get bogged down with life's ups and downs, we usually call on a friend, coworker, or relative for help. Majority of the time, they are willing to help. But there are those times were you just don't have anyone. There's no one around, or your "reliable" friends aren't really that reliable. Who else can you call on? Who else is available to help? The one and only.... Jesus.

After hearing this exhilarating sermon, I always take time to reflect (mostly when I'm typing this blog...LOL) about how He has helped me when there was no one else around. One quote that Minister Sharpe said before he started, "If you ain't thinkin', you ain't thankin'." Read it carefully and it'll sink in.

While sitting and thinking about what He has done for us and our loved ones over the years, we should also be praising and thanking Him for doing just so. I can't tell you how many times, especially during college and this summer, where I didn't know what was going to happen since my finances were low. I'm never the one to ask friends for much and I've gotten to the age that asking my parents for anything hurts (even though my Mom will do just about anything for me). Yet, relying on Him and praising Him has definitely given me positive results and I make sure to thank Him every single time.

I hope that you remember to thank Him for being your Help when no one else is around. Until next time....


BJ... out.

No comments:

Post a Comment